The CW4CB project included the selection of five pilot investigation watersheds in which most of the pilot projects were conducted. These pilot investigation watersheds were identified based on the presence of pollutants and source indicators, indicated by Proposition 13 project samples and GIS data; desirable watershed attributes, such as watershed area, the presence of a pump station at the bottom of the watershed, and municipal operations and maintenance activities; and lack of major barriers to conducting pilot investigations in the watershed. The five pilot investigation watersheds identified are listed below:
- Ettie Street Pump Station watershed, City of Oakland, Alameda County
- Lauritzen Channel watershed, City of Richmond, Contra Costa County
- Leo Avenue watershed, City of San Jose, Santa Clara County
- Parr Channel watershed, City of Richmond, Contra Costa County
- Pulgas Creek Pump Station watershed, City of San Carlos, San Mateo County
The selection of pilot investigation watersheds is discussed in Section 2 of the CW4CB Overall Project Report and project and monitoring data locations can be seen on the map below.
Note: This map may not display properly in Microsoft Internet Explorer. For best results use Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Mozilla FireFox.