This project provides guidance, tools, and outreach and training materials to assist with San Francisco Bay Area municipal agencies’ efforts to manage PCBs–containing building materials during demolition so that PCBs are not discharged to municipal storm drain systems from demolition of applicable structures via vehicle track-out, airborne releases, soil erosion, or stormwater runoff. Provided materials include a summary of existing information related to quantifying the potential reduction in PCBs loads that could be achieved through management of PCBs–containing building materials during demolition, options for establishing municipal authority and model language for municipal adoption of a new program, CEQA strategy and model notice of exemption, industry outreach, and model supplemental demolition permit application materials.
View this document for descriptions of the following five work products for the project: PCBs in Priority Building Materials
- Model Screening Assessment Applicant Package
- Model Language for Municipal Adoption of Program
- CEQA Strategy and Model Notice of Exemption
- Industry Outreach Communications Summary
- Conceptual Approach to Developing an Assessment Methodology and Data Collection Program for Estimating Reductions in PCBs Loads to MS4s